my big day EVENT PLANNING & DESIGNS presents.....
south asian weddings: UNVEILED
an interactive seminar about Sikh, Hindu and Muslim weddings for today’s wedding professional and wedding fanatic.
Explore and learn all about the different aspects involved in planning, coordinating and attending weddings of a culture you may not be familiar with. Expand your client base and take part in this 1-Day seminar being offered in Toronto!
Date: Sunday March 17, 2013
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Dreams Convention Centre
75 Hedgedale Road
Brampton, ON L6T 5P3
Some of the topics that will be covered in the seminar include:
•Sikh Weddings : pre-engagement rituals, formal engagement rituals, pre-wedding ceremonies (i.e. maiyyan, akhand path, choora, etc.), ceremony, post-ceremony rituals
• Hindu Weddings: pre-wedding ceremonies (i.e. vara satkararah, madhuparka, etc.), ceremony, post-ceremony rituals
• Muslim Weddings: pre-wedding ceremonies (i.e. istikhara, imam-zamin, manjha, etc.), ceremony, post-ceremony rituals
• Wedding Attire – there will be a fashion show featuring models showcasing various wedding outfits for both brides and grooms. You will also be taught about each clothing item that composes a wedding outfit, and you will learn how to tie a saree.
• Make-up Artist – a make-up artist will apply bridal make-up on a model and show how a bride’s outfit is put together and how her jewelry and chunni is to be placed.
• You will be provided with a sample itinerary
• Budgets – who pays for what?
• Trends – such as destination weddings
• Gurdwara Tour – each participant will be given a tour of a Gurdwara (transportation included)
• And many, many more topics!
Fee: The early bird special is $299 until Februrary 15, 2013 after which the regular fee will be $349. A $100 non-refundable registration fee is due at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Final payment is due 15 days prior to the seminar date.
This will give you the following:
• Coffee/tea and snacks throughout the day
• A hot lunch provided by one of the best caterers in Indian Cuisine (allowing each participant to try Indian cuisine first hand)
• A reference guide detailing everything you will learn in the seminar
• Directory of top vendors who specialize in South Asian weddings
• A tour of a Gurdwara (transportation included)
• Certificate of completion
More South Asian couples are opting to hire a wedding planner. This market is only going to increase. To reach this lucrative, emerging market, you need to be ready. The best starting point would be to gain as much knowledge as you can about the different cultures along with all of the traditions and rituals that are included in the wedding.
Why lose your business to someone else? Come learn from an expert in the field! Register now! Payments can be made by EMT or certified cheque. To obtain more information please contact email@example.com.
This seminar is open to all wedding professionals and anyone who has an interest in learning about South Asian weddings. We hope to see you there!